Join artsvest’s national network of mentors!
We are now accepting applications for volunteer mentors!
We are actively recruiting mentors for our artsvest program to share their expertise with participating organizations through group webinars and individualized one-on-one mentorship sessions. It is a meaningful way for arts and business leaders to support the arts community, network with other leaders from across Canada and share their wealth of knowledge in the sector. To?learn more about the artsvest mentorship program, click here.?
artsvest?is Business / Arts’ national mentorship training program designed to build capacity in Canada’s cultural sector.?The program provides small to medium arts, culture and heritage organizations with resources, expertise and training in marketing, board governance and sponsorship.
Who should apply?
- Arts and business professionals who have at least five years of senior experience in the areas of sponsorship, marketing and/or board governance.
- We encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
What are the volunteer requirements?
- Share knowledge, insight and expertise through the presentation of webinars and/or individual one-on-one sessions.
- Contribute to the program evaluation process by providing meaningful feedback.
- Attend?mentorship orientation and information sessions, including familiarization with the B/A mentorship software platforms.
- A minimum of two (2) hours per month of mentorship. This includes webinars and/or one-on-one sessions.
- Volunteer mentors have the option to renew their commitment on an annual basis and can join the program at any time.
What are the benefits of being a mentor?
- An opportunity to engage in a valuable network and community of arts, culture and heritage organizations, mentors, and arts professionals from across Canada.?
- Full access to our artsvest training materials including resources, templates and webinars on the topics of sponsorship, board governance and marketing.
- Recognition through the B/A website, newsletter, reports, social media networks and other special events and communication materials.
- Develop reciprocal relationships with arts leaders, make a positive impact and contribute to creating a healthy, vibrant and sustainable arts and culture sector.
How to apply
To become a mentor, please complete the?Mentor Statement of Interest?and we will follow up with further information.?If you have any questions about the artsvest Mentorship program, please contact Jessica Vellenga, Associate National Director at?jessica@businessforthearts.
The artsvest program is committed to creating a community of Canadian mentors that is reflective of the diversity of the arts, culture and heritage organizations we serve nationally. As such, artsvest welcomes mentor applications from all qualified individuals. We are particularly interested in and encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.?We are committed to providing barrier free access and reasonable accommodation in the artsvest program for individuals with disabilities to the best of our ability.